BioDiscovery Group is conducting Workshops and eWorkshop since 2010. Till date we have successfully trained participants from several countries who were not only students but scientists, faculties, professor, company executives, etc. We have launched 2 day course in Gene & Genome Editing using CRISPR/Cas at our Bengaluru office. The course is launched specially to teach the practical aspects of this technology. People focus only on the theoretical part and there is no practical application hence we have launched this program so that the participants will perform on their computer systems.
ONLY 15 SEATS
BRING YOUR LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS OS FOR SOFTWARE INSTALLATION & TRAINING
- Introduction to Genome editing.
- Types of Genome editing.
- CRISPR mechanism.
- Guidelines for effective guide RNA design
- PAM sequences.
- Finding potential guide RNA.
- Target identification and target screening.
- Modifications by hdr or nhdr.
- Mechanism of knock out mutagenesis.
- Off target analysis.
Genome editing is a technique used to precisely and efficiently modify DNA within a cell.It involves making cuts at specific DNA sequences with enzymes called ‘engineered nucleases’. Genome editing can be used to add, remove, or alter DNA in the genome by editing the genome, the characteristics of a cell. The CRISPR/Cas9 technique is derived from a naturally occurring defense mechanism used by bacteria to defend themselves from viral infections and plasmids, by providing a type of acquired immunity for the bacteria. Application of CRISPR could be used to edit the genome of any organism or DNA in cells of an organisms to understand their biology for research field. It could also potentially be used to treat other infections and simple genetic conditions.
- CHOPCHOP is an open source tool, which identifies and ranks gRNA targets using an evidence based scoring algorithm to locate potential off target in the target sequence along with that it also provide the information on GCcontent.
- E-CRISP is an online tool to design CRISPR gRNA sequences to target sequence ranging from single exons to entire genomes using fast and accurate algorithms. E-CRISP not only checks for target specificity of the putative designs but also assesses their genomic context.
- CRISPR-ERA webserver, an automated and comprehensive sgRNA design tool for CRISPR-mediated editing, repression, and activation (ERA) . CRISPR-ERA utilizes a fast algorithm to search for genome-wide sgRNA binding sites and evaluates their efficiency and specificity.
- Cas-Designer is an online tool rapidly provides the list of all appropriate target sites in a gene of interest for type II CRISPR/Cas-derived RNA-guided endonucleases (RGENs), the program assigns an out-of-frame score to each target site to help users choose appropriate sites for gene knockout.
- COSMID is an easy-to-use CRISPR off-target search tool with a web interface that allows directed and exhaustive genomic searches to identify potential off-target sites for guide strand choice or experimental validation. It can identify genomic locations with sequences that match any of the series of search entries.
- CRISPRdirect is a simple and functional web server for selecting rational CRISPR/Cas targets from an input sequence. CRISPRdirect enables users to easily select rational target sequences with minimized off-target sites by performing exhaustive searches against genomic sequences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
With basic knowledge in Life Science, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genetic Engineering that would like to receive a comprehensive overview or refresher on the technology the target audience comprises:
Student & Faculty: Bachelor, Masters, PhD, students as well as Faculty and Professors from Medicine, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Immunology, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Technology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Plant Science and Life Sciences.
Professionals: Doctors, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Pharmaceutical scientists from industry, academia and regulatory agencies. Hands-on exercises will be performed individually using software tools (no prior experience required).
T & C
- Only Windows OS is required for training & software installation. If your computer has any other OS then let us know.
- While buying the ticket choose the right category of registration in which you fall, as the category in which you register, you will get certificate of that ONLY.
- If you register under wrong category then your registration will be invalid and NO REFUND WILL BE MADE IN THIS CASE. This is your mistake and the company is not responsible for it.
- Once you register we will send you Welcome email 5 days prior to the event. This email will have all detail of files, software, etc.
- You need to follow the instructions in the welcome email and prepare your system accordingly.
- If you do not turn up for training session on any day then NO CERTIFICATE WILL BE AWARDED TO YOU.
- No refund will be made in any case.