When : Sunday, 19th March 2017
Where : Emerald Isle Resort | Old Madras Road
Reporting Time : 6:00AM
Distance : 33.5 kms (It may vary little bit as per your Cyclo-comp or Garmin)
Race Start : 7:00 AM (As per your allocated time)
Cut-off Time for all : 90 Minutes (From your start time)
Race Fee : Online -INR 500/- (NO Spot Registration)
Note : Registration will be closed by Wednesday, 15th March (Midnight)
Course Strava Link:
Further Details on race page
Note: You might get notifications from the partners once in a while.
Under-18 category is common for both boys and girls who are
below the age of 18. Girls below the age of 18 may opt for Women category also
if they wish to.
Amateur category is open for anybody who wants to race
irrespective of age.
Masters category is for anybody who is above 40 years of age irrespective of gender.
Elite category is also open for anybody who wants to race
but since that is the category where most of the pro cyclists take part, it is
better to have some good level of experience to enroll into Elite category otherwise it might cause inconvenience for the entire peloton due to handling
and skill set.
The Route :
- Out and back along the Old Madras Road, starting in the service road, entering the highway immediately. Stay on the highway for approximately 16.5km, and take a U-turn just after the Confident Amoon Resort. You’ll experience headwinds on the way out, so fight through it and enjoy the return!
What is a ITT? :
- An individual time trial (ITT) is a road bicycle race in which cyclists race alone against the clock on flat or rolling terrain, or up a mountain road – literally "against the watch". ITTs are also referred to as "the race of truth", as winning depends only on each rider's strength and endurance, and not on help provided by team-mates and others riding ahead and creating a slipstream.
- Starting times are at equal intervals, usually between 30 sec to two minutes apart. The starting sequence is usually based on the finishing times in preceding races (or preceding stages in the case of a multi-stage race) with the highest ranked cyclist starting last. Starting later gives the racer the advantage of knowing what time they need to beat (and also makes the event more interesting to pectators). Competitors are not permitted to draft (ride in the slipstream) behind each other. Any help between riders is forbidden. The rider with the fastest time is declared the winner.
Race Notes :
1. What is this start list for ?
- Rider will start as per the their start list.
2. I see two times? start time (race clock) & start time (real time), waht are they ?
- race clock will be started when first rider starts, real time is for your reference at what time you will start(real time is in IST)
3. When should i collect my bib ?
- you can plan your arrival as according to your start time. Make sure you are lined up 5 mins before your start time.
4.What is the time interval ?
- 30 Secs (It may vary on participants number)
5. How is the start order designed?
- Start order is designed based on last years results, winner will go in last.
6. What will happen if a person miss his start time ?
- He will loose his time or he has to start at last.
7. What is the use of having a start list ?
* It is the standard format of ITT to publish start order before race.
* Participants can plan their start (warm-up and nutrition)
* This will help participants and teams to plan arrival before their start time.
8. Where should i put my bib ?
- At front handle bar of your bicycle
General Rules :
- Q: Where should i put my bib ?
- - At front handle bar of your bicycle.
- Race BIBs/Numbers MUST be displayed on the handlebars of the bicycle. Altering, cutting or placing of unauthorized sponsors’ logos on numbers will result in a fine and/or disqualification.
- - You must not use offensive or abusive language during the race, act in any
anti-sporting manner, be disrespectful to the event volunteers / officials or
ignore the race regulations.
- - You and your supporters are reminded of their obligations to act responsibly always
before, during and after the event.
- - You are not permitted to shortcut the course. The responsibility for following the
official route lies with you. If you do not follow the official route you will be
- - You are not permitted to willingly alter the course in any way without first consulting
with the race officials. This includes moving rocks, logs, tape or other natural
- - You must act in a sporting manner at all times and permit any faster rider to overtake
without deliberately obstructing them, when it is safe to do so.
- - If you pull out of a race (DNF or Did Not Finish) you must notify the timing station
or closest course marshal. This is to ensure that all competitors are accounted for
at the conclusion of the race.
- Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
- - Emergency ambulance support will be available Thanks to Sita Bhateja speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!
- - Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh phone number which will be active ONLY on race day 07406-998925
- - Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the rules of the race available on the website http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm
- - The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation during the race and his opinion will be considered final
BBCh Race Disclaimer:
Kindly Note: Bangalore Bicycle Championships is totally run by volunteers and we are extremely short of hands. In the event or pre-event or post-event there may be few human errors which are completely unintentional. To sort out those errors or issues we might take some time which may seem longer than usual but again that is because of the crunch of resources. We understand that these events are run by the registration fees collected from the participants and naturally the participants can expect the basic error free running of the event. But we sincerely request all to bear with us for any delay. Thank you for your understanding.
Refer Race Page for more details :